This Privacy Statement explains how Gift Fit Limited and our partners/sellers collect, control, process, and use information about you (which we call “personal data”).
When we say “Gift Fit”, “us”, “our”, or “we”, we mean Gift Fit Limited. It provides a platform where our partners/sellers and other unaffiliated third-party sellers (collectively “Sellers”) can list offers for vouchers, deals, products, getaways, and other offerings.
When we talk about the “Site”, we mean our platform, which include our websites, mobile applications, communications we send or services we provide, social networking sites, or any other websites we offer that link to or reference this Privacy Statement.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Gift Fit collects the following data:
- Authentication and identification information (e.g. your name, email address, address and password). This information is necessary to set up and log you into your account, but you do have the option to make purchases without creating a password. If you don’t provide this, we may not be able to provide our full range of account services to you;
- Basic personal details (e.g. your name, date of birth, and nationality);
- Contact details (e.g. your postal address, telephone number, and email address). We may need some of this information to deliver products to you, such as your postal address to deliver physical vouchers and products and your email address to send you vouchers, and won’t be able to carry out these services if you don’t provide it;
- Payment details (e.g. your credit/debit card details or payment tokens from third party payment providers like PayPal). We use these to process your order, and won’t be able to take payment from you or give refunds if you don’t provide it; and
Information about your contacts with Gift Fit (e.g., emails, messages on our site, and user generated content).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Gift Fit with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our gift vouchers, products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide a review on the website or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Enter a competition, giveaway or promotion created by Gift Fit, or one of its partners.
Gift Fit may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Any promotions, competitions or giveaways on our social media channels.
How will we use your data?
Gift Fit collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
If you agree, Gift Fit will share your data with our partner companies who feature on the Gift Fit website, or on the Gift Fit social channels so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Gift Fit processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Gift Fit securely stores your data with hosting companies in the UK. For further details please contact us.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Services to you and improve the Services for all users generally. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Gift Fit would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Gift Fit from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Gift Fit Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
Gift Fit would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Gift Fit for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small admin fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Gift Fit correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Gift Fit to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Gift Fit erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Gift Fit restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Gift Fit’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Gift Fit transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Gift Fit uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Gift Fit uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Gift Fit sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
What cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies…
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Non Necessary".|
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
You can also set what cookies you want to get from our website here Cookie settings.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Gift Fit has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.